YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi

I sit in front of a laptop throughout the day, and often in the evenings. If anyone is interested in having a YD chat room, where you can log on and while away the hours with other keen divers (read sad, obsessed scuba fanatics) let me know and I'll get one set up.

Sad innit, but I tend to spend too much time browsing through the same old diving sites anyway.

Just a thought, lemme know if anyone is interested and I'll put a site up with a permanent chat room over the weekend.

Regards

Gareth

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

ummmm could get very interesting at times....

OK you got one vote..  Any more?

Daz

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GarethB @ Nov. 13 2003,17:47)]If anyone is interested in having a YD chat room, where you can log on and while away the hours
Are you TRYING to get us all sacked and/or divorced???

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I think Gareth means a chat forum type thing...  OK still no clearer,

Well I think and correct me if I am wrong, it is a bit more of a interactive free for all type thing.   Still no clearer...

Right whoever is online can just type in a window and it appears on everyone elses window...  Sort of like a telephone conference system via the keyboard.

Daz

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

nah, I'm trying to avoid spending the weekend staring at database scripts to figure out why they don't work

Gareth

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

My vote too...

When I'm in YD I can see various punters in various forums...but it'd be great to say , "Heh, how's your sandwich?" whilst having lunch or just coz you can't be arsed to work and have that niggling question...

YD chat forum could be good...but we'd have to be careful as it may cost money and time... I mean it is a forum and Jay et al might not be able to stretch to the time, effort and resources...they already do so much.

Also, there'd pervs coming in and wanting my web cam switched on and seeing me in my shorty and suspenders.

Ok...not likely but you never know.

Graham

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

As I'm unemployed ATM, I would spend even more time not looking for a job - cause and effect you may wonder
If we were on a chat system, I wonder how well we would use the forum. I daresay there is a chat hack for Ikonboard as well.

May as well give it a go, it may well keep the distractions off the threads and thus make them easier to follow.

Having fun with SQL eh Gareth?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

ya got my Vote as well..
Itd be just luvelly to explain that im baskin in 29 degree heat
and slipping off for a nice days diving tomorrow

Steve

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

If I spent even more time at my computer than I already do my wife'd kill me, so count me out.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Anythings better than trying to work on my current dissertation. "Application of Laser Diode in 3D surface topography measurement of a machined surface"

so count me in

gareth

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

Righto, I'll knock up a site over the weekend, should be ready for testing Saturday evening.

In my experience these things are used for just "whiling away the hours" and should not detract from the board in anyway. However, if my experience proves wrong, I'll just take the site back down again as this board is obviously the focus of YD.

Anyway, I'll let ya know

Gareth

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>me too, but please limit the webcams the thought of graham in his shortie and suspenders is just too much to take

1 - 20 of 27 Posts