YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YD gets a mention in Louise T's column in Diver!

Don't you think that the name Louise sounds like cure for constipation ......... or maybe a toilet unblocker?

Sorry to any Louises out there.

:)

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I quite fancy a job as a diving journalist ................ I think I'd need to specialize, I mean, I wouldn't want to be a diving floozy like BJ! :)

However, floozies (of the female variety) are of interest so perhaps I could specialize in ladies diving. Do you know, the more I think about it the more appealing the idea becomes. I mean, how hard can it be ................. anyway, having lots of ladies eagerly awaiting my column sounds quite nice ........... and, actually, I suspect it would be quite hard?

Reactions: DanE

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
What does she say?

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What does she say?
YD is quoted as an example of being a Yorkshire web site and yet very few(?) members are from Yorkshire.

Don't ask me, I only glanced over it this morning ............... and with my memory!!! :embarassed:

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts

Don't you think that the name Louise sounds like cure for constipation ......... or maybe a toilet unblocker?

You will be, it's my wife's middle name. I think it's quite bewitching actually, So there.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will be, it's my wife's middle name. I think it's quite bewitching actually, So there.
No, I think you mean't to say "Samantha is quite bewitching"?

Well, I've had to live all my life with unintentional puns available on my name which, in it's fullest incarnation, is Christopher Bryan Salt. For some reason both I and my brother were called by our middle names but, officially, I am known as:-

C Salt (Sea salt).
Bryan (Brine).

I wonder if it was my given names that gave me my affinity with the sea rather than being brought up by the beach?

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Well, I've had to live all my life with unintentional puns available on my name which, in it's fullest incarnation, is Christopher Bryan Salt. :)
In case anyone has forgotten ........... I love salt :love: Yummmmm :p

As for puns on names, you should have grown up with mine !!!!!
Of course some just call me Doris :rolleyes:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well the article is just saying very little of us (YDers) are from yorkshire, quote "Perhaps yorkshire refers to a state of mind" then goes on about we only come on here because we are annoying in real life. Then something about us being tight, then some global warming stuff :teeth:

·
Registered
947 Posts
I think I'm in the 'just surfaced' of the latest Diver. I've not seen it yet.

I'm a YD'er :)

Cheers,

Mark.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I'm in the 'just surfaced' of the latest Diver. I've not seen it yet.

I'm a YD'er :)

Cheers,

Mark.
Mark,

I've only just opened my mag this morning so I haven't read 'your bit'.

If it is you would you please wave at me when I have a look this PM so know it's you? Thanks.

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts
Well the article is just saying very little of us (YDers) are from yorkshire, quote "Perhaps yorkshire refers to a state of mind" then goes on about we only come on here because we are annoying in real life. Then something about us being tight, then some global warming stuff :teeth:
Usual Ms. Tiswas drivle then:)

ooh, should also say I love Dive Girl...

Reactions: 57358

·
Registered
4,526 Posts

Finless,
I stop liking you now.....

Louisa T.

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
...and Louise looks drop dead gorgeous in her new photo, which of course she is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts