YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi,

Ok, had a chat with Bren, Mark and a couple of others, we are going to get a trip to Plymouth going, the main event will be the James Eagan Lane, there will be others, we will keep them to the 30M bracket to allow for hangovers.

We have one hard boat for 12 people held, a second for 10 which I will ask to be held tomorrow. I can get a rib for some close to shore reef diving. We will make this as varied a trip as is humanly possible, ALL divers will be catered for.

There is accomodation for 12 provided by Pete the skipper, obviously, being Devon, there is a variety of camping, B&B's and posh hotels for all.

It is only fair on the skippers to tell them asap if we will take there boats, so please let me know if you are up for this as quickly as you can.

The list of those so far are;

1 * Bren Tierney (option a)
2 * Andy2Tanx
3 * Daz x 6 (the 'Bristol Massif')
4 * Steve Lovell
5 * John Duncan (option a)
6 * Richie
7 * Andrew Phillips (option a)
8 * Mark Chase (option a)
9 * Alex K (option a)
10* Steve W (option a)
11* "wor Lass" (Steve W) (option a)
12* Steve Miller (he only lives up the road)
13* Lou (option a)
14* Caroline (option a)
15* Timing (option a)
16* Wetlettuce (option a)
17* Mark (option a)
18* Adrian Kelland (option a) but might go for club rib

please specify the type of diving you would prefer,

a) Hard boat 30M wrecks, (last dive will be a gentle paddle)
b) Hard boat mixture 20M (ish) wrecks and drift dives
c) Rib for drift and reef dives

So cumon, lets be having you.

ATB

Andrew

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi

I can actually make this so please put me down would you !

WL

PS 30m boat please. I have bucket and spade all ready for the paddle

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

WL

Cool, look forward to meeting you,

p.s., I like the change in your signature, made me grin

Andrew

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

I probably have no excuse to miss this as a local yokel noob to you all. Put me down. Might (probably) even turn up the club RIB if no one else in the club is interested, so don't book a space for me if someone else needs one. Shame its a Spring. What other wrecks, Rosehill/Persier?

If you need another boat, I can recommend Storm, run by Rod Davies.

Adrian

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Hi,

A quick addendum,

please specify the type of diving you would prefer,

a) Hard boat 30M wrecks, (last dive will be a gentle paddle)
b) Hard boat mixture 20M (ish) wrecks and drift dives
c) Rib for drift and reef dives

Andrew

·
Registered
947 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi,

I can also make this so if there's room please put me on the list.

Cheers.

Mark.

PS. I would prefer 30M hardboat wreck dives with a shallower 2nd dive which would ideally also be a wreck. I don't really like 'scenic' drifts but will if I have to.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Press-ganged!  I like your style......

Anyway, just spoken to C and the lady she say "yes", so you may keep our names on that list!

Being as we want to do the Eagan Layne again then we'll be 30m hardboat please, sir.

Don't forget to book a small space for Alex's travelling Ted...aaah.

Lou

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

IIRC, the James Egan Layne is often done as a second HB dive. It is 24m to the bottom, to 6m(ish) on the bow depending on tide of course. Very good place to end if you get it right.

The Rosehill (31m) is best on slack, so you could do it about 11.20 BST Its a Spring, slack is HT +/- 3hrs. HT Plymouth is 8.20 BST.

Adrian

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Bummer,

Wifee has other plans for this weekend, however because l`ll miss the previous weekend in Stevie W land because of a wedding l`m going to have to start bargaining.

So l`m a very posible and will know by the weekend, you never know l might be divorced by then and then 1`ll be able to go diving every weekend.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I can't speak for Steve Miller(band) but I'm up for it and might bring "wor lass" instead, it'll be a good incentive to make her finish off her remaining Sport Diver drills three years diving and still BSAC Club Diver, talk about taking it slowly!
Chee-az
steve

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Steve.

l`m not sure if your travel visa allows you down here twice in one year.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>S'OK, I'll be travelling on my Irish passport so anti-Geordie defences will be no problem, to be sure...  

Slainté !
Steve

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

AndyP,
how did Adam & I get roped in to this one, the only dive I have said I might do is Portland after NDC at Chepstow.
Sorry mate I cant make that weekend.

Regards
Matt.

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Imported post

OK,

You wern't roped in, more carried over, shame, it will be some fantastic diving.

All the best,

Andrew

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Imported post

Hi

Just to let you all know, we have definitely got the second hard boat, confirmed it this AM with Pete da skipper.

I am truly looking forward to this one.

Andrew

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Last time l dived out of Plymouth we dived the James Egan Lane, The Rosehill, the Edystone lighthouse reef and Gonzo`s nose.

The sea arround the Edystone lighthouse was oily calm, spooky really and a great reef to dive.

On the Rosehill l found eight congers or was it one eight times and the one and only time l`ve seen a free swimming conger eel, swan between my buddy and l so close, if l`d been brave enough, l could have hugged it all 2.5mtrs of it, awesome.

And the last of the weekend Gonzos nose.....well now if we have a crap dive we call it a Gonzo.

Can`t remember who we dived with but its the guy that has the shop and air fill station and b&b for twelve.

Completed ad nitrox course tonight at muddy pit wraysbury now on to deco course.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Damn

I am running a 10 wreck challenge out of Dover that week, and that weekend is the culmination a 50m Dive on a 50 year old wreck on BSAC's 50 anaversary.

May have to bring it forward a week at my end.

Have a good time.

Safe Diving

Paul

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Hi,
I seem to have been added to the list for the plynouth trip too. I said I would go on the NDC/(possibly)HOOD trip. love to be in two places at once but even I cant do that.  

1 - 20 of 131 Posts