YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>All,
In a recent post, Chris mentioned that he was going to get his wife a Logbook stamp for her birthday...  I have a stamp that I use, got it at the dive show a few years ago.

However, would people be interested in a "YD" stamp? Perhaps with the YD logo, and your username/real name? If we could get enough interest, perhaps this would be another method of raising a bit of cash to help fund this site?

Regards
Andrew (abucks)

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>As YD'rs stamp their way across the logbooks across the world people will ask what is this organisation  - a mafia group from UK?

The idea is good but anything that implies buying stock brings in complications. I don't know how succesfull the sweatshirts were.

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

Yes,
That sounds a good idea, I'd buy one. I guess these would be personalised for each person so there would not be a stock, they would be made to order.

Probably be good to do them as self inking stamps with the YD logo and a couple of lines for personalised text.

Simon A

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Capital idea that man! I'd take one in a trice! YD logo and your name or handle below it!

Where can I buy one and when??

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>well porg and I were looking into this a while ago and they start from about £15, i will have to dig around at home and see if i can drag out the info

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Although not a big flash jobbie...
the one I have at home is a small box with an inkpad in it and a small stamp... it fits in my logbook, so I always know where it is!

However, the company that made it does a whole range of different styles of stamp (self-inking, ink pad, inside a pen etc.)

I think I have a leaflet at home from the people that made it... I'll try and dig it out over the weekend!

Regards
abucks

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Daz,
you beat me to it! I was about to post that link.

This is not the company that I've previously dealt with (they were based in Leeds, if i recall correctly) but they do offer a similar range of stuff!

I'll keep looking (a Leeds based firm might have more of a "Yorkshire" connection for us!)

abucks

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>OK - new product launch.....

Woz Stamp

Your name with the YD logo on a stamp, varying sizes from 37x13mm up to 75x38mm with lots of sizes in between.  Self-inking plastic stamp that you can chuck in your dive bag. Black, blue, or red ink.  Prices from 19.50 for the smallest to 38.50 for the biggest (which is very big and frankly a little silly).  Prices include VAT but will need to add postage on top (at cost, not silly LDS prices).

Of course, there will be the obligatory £1 to the RNLI for every order....

Whaddaya think? If there is enough interest, I'll firm up on the costings and whop up a web page.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

I'll deffo take one Woz! Can I have the next size up from the smallest?? Just let me know how much and when you want the gelt. Prefer my name as it appears here, but if space won't allow, then 'Bren' is fine. In red please.

Cheers,

PS: What with SS Spring Straps and the like, you're a very industrious and welcome member to these boards sir! 'Woz Industries'

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

A what?..............A log book..............Don't even bother with it anymore!!!!!!

Peter

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Don't forget the web address or the gospel according to YD will never spread accross the globe!

Paul

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Like the stamp, I'm very tempted to get it... Other than your name is there anything else to put in the stamp. Some stamps I've seen have the PADI number i.e FRED , Padi AOW n.12345. Personally I think it is a load of bolloc*s but is there any other info one can put in?
By having a YD stamp has the advantage that if a buddy wants to meet up again he can catch you at YD!

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Woz @ Feb. 27 2004,14:59)]Info so far that I'll try to squeeze on:
YD logo and www address
Your YD username
Your real name

Should all go on as long as your real name is not Antidislexicalifornicationalistially Smith
<font color='#0000FF'>Well I'm Christopher Guimaraens and my wife is Zsuzsanna Guimaraens, so not to far from: Antidislexicalifornicationalistially Smith

1 - 20 of 35 Posts