YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Righto!

Spoke to Andy last night on his way back from Marsille, Marsayeille, erm t'sarf o France (fortunately he was in Wales so it didn't cost an arm and...) and he's up for doing a YD gig.

Prices will depend on the option you pick and the numbers we get but for basic and Adv 'trox you are looking £110-£130 all in (books, gas and diving)

The options are

Basic Nitrox
Basic and Advanced Nitrox
Advanced and Deco

(Note - Adv. and deco is a FOUR DAY COURSE, you can do the Advanced portion on the gig but will have to arrange another time to finish the deco section. It's in your interests as you'll get more time and a better deal that way rather than 10 divers with twins and stages trying to get into Wast all at once!)

Times.

Back o' Feb (Daveking's crew permitting - TBC)
Back o' March (Andy has ONE free weekend - again TBC)
Back o' April (basically any April/May is free ATM.)

So, please place your names below with your option choice and date preferance and I'll call Andy tonight and finalise the info.

Drift

Basic and Adv - pref Feb, if not March

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>my crew is doing adv but no deco prcedures as we are all bsac advanced divers so andy says we dont have to do deco as we already do it in our diving

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Dave,

Spoke to Andy and he's put me down onto your course as well!

For any YDer's interested, there are two futher places still available for this date (28Feb-1March) - I'll be joining you on the Sat for the diving as I've already done the coursework.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Drifty & Dave

Could I put my name down for a place on this course? The Advanced course would be ideal. What you doing about getting down there and accomodation Drifty? My quals are BSAC OD with 45 dives, mid way through the SD qualification. Please advise me if I'm suitable for this course?

Dave C

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Dave

Will check with Andy on the way home but think as long as you have circa 30 dives plus and aren't a total arse your okay.

I'll tell him you are interested and to pencil you in for this. I've not sorted accom at the mo - since I've done the classwork I'll possibly just drive down to the first site on Sat - but will probably crash in Sedburgh (dalesman et al).

I'll speak to Andy about t6he coursework for you Dave, you may well have to do the Friday as well. Possibly he'd do the classwork seperately and we could doulbe up on the trip?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>drift      diving is sunday and monday or thats what we asked for and we are doing coursework on saturday
we also asked him about doing it at crapen way
so if u look 4 acco we may all be staying up there too

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Dave, Further to my PM:

You said there will be approx 10 of us? Did you want to be cheeky and ask any hotels in the area for a group discount as thats 30 nights accomodation if we all book the same place for the weekend! They can do the math so's to speak!

Dave C

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>we are only 90 miles away so we may drive home
club meting tonight so will find out what we are doing
hotel? were from yorkshire we wont pay for that
was thinking more a wooden hut
remember our course is a sat sun then mon so u may need monday off work
if u have msn messemger get me on  [email protected]  yes it works put it in to the ad a contact box

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Yeah sorry, my fault for not being able to read a calander!

I'll be talking to Andy later today about accom. There's a few B&B's and I can ask about a group of 10

Andy's not decided where he is going to do the diving yet (as of 5pm last night) and I don't to be honest think he'll be too thrilled with the idea of Crap'n'rainy - not when it's a 20m mudhole and you can do Wast to erm.... lots

He does need a certain amount of depth for the course - ie to test if you'd go past your max depth etc if tempted, blob deployment, ox tox etc.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Drifty and Dave

Keep us posted on where he's doing the course, if there is any change on whats already been said. We'll have to book somewhere to stay over that weekend. Let me know when your thinking of booking accomodation as I'll share a twin room to reduce costs if you like.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Best not snore then....

Waiting for Daveking (hint) to tell me what his crew have decided re lodgings. Andy is sending me a list of B&B's.

Oh, and looks like Digger has taken the 10th and final place.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>PS I need a new torch. Digs, what have you got? Gonna leave it for Drifty?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Anyone getting a proper YD Gig List up for this thread? Just for clarity's sake and so potential punters can see the dates, prices, venues etc, for the course(s) and who's attending ?? Might help!

Good luck all who attend - you have nothing to lose but your masks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>bren this aint really a yd trip
it started out with 7 members of kirklees sub aqua club  deep dark and dangerous division booking a course so we can eventually get on the ybod
just got 3 stragglers to join in  lol
i think drift was on about doing one later in year and i just mentioned we had a couple of spare places at the end of feb
cheers
dave

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Sorry, the Feb bargeontoDaveKing's TDI trox course is now full.

I'll organise another later in the year (currently looking at April time as Andy is that busy) but so far the only interest is from

Billy the Kangeroo
nigel

Need more names! Basic and Advanced nitrox for £110 (if we get a big enough group)

PS Bren - this was a speculative to find out the interest level to arrange a course, not vice versa. Once I have enough expressing interest a date will be fixed - for now it's circa April. As for location, schooling at Andy's place in Sedburgh (J37 M6 I think?) and diving TBA, poss Wast et al.

Happy?  

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

I've been talking to Andy and it looks like I might be there acting as support diver....

So that's you in trouble Drifty, keep doing those flow checks mate

BTW Drift on a seperate issue, a mate of mine has a Diverite Classic and backplate for sale, as new, dunno prices yet but if you're interested then pm me and I'll make enquiries or put you straight in touch.

Rgds
Daveyboy!  

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>just spoken to brett at otter look like he is helping andy as well
just spoken to th lads and it looks like we are going to try rent a cottage somewhere in the lakes for sat night sun night
if you have nothing sorted or know some good cottages please mail me
[email protected]

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Found somnewhere that sleeps 9 at Hoseasons:

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/viewmax....rt_here

EDIT:
Sorry forgot to say here is the place.Its the second one called Laythams Farm house.

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/holiday....l?E3309

You have to phone up to get the price but if there were 10 of us I have a camp bed and we could split the cost 10 ways. Only negative is we have to book for three nights only.

Will look for others now.

Dave C

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Dave,

Ignore my last message. I've pm'd and emailed you about a place in Kendal. Could you give me a call to discuss. Cheers. Numbers in PM + Email. Have ok'd with Drifty.

See the link to veiw the property

http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/uce....yPark=N

Dave C

1 - 20 of 32 Posts