YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Very patriotic new look on YD, almost something that Americans tend to do placing their flad everywhere.
Wouldn't it be more fum to have a Yorkshire county flag?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

And maybe the legend "In them days we was glad to 'ave the price of a cuppa tea"

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

It used to be the Yorkshire rose behind it. I think the admin decided that because YD had went UK, and indeed now international, wide to get rid of it and try for something a bit more all encompassing.

I think I'll go and change my avatar

Peter

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I would not be upset in the slightest if you Admin peeps wanted to put the Yorkshire Rose back in the logo.

Its not as if it was something like the KKK logo - er, it isn't is it ?  

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

The union flag idea was indeed to recognise that our members come from all over the UK, not just Yorkshire. Yes, we do have members from other countries but over 90% of our membership is UK based. Also, Yorkshire Divers is a UK based web site so it also seems to fit. To be honest I only stuck it up because it looked a bit more interesting than the previous one. If this upsets anyone so much then rather than pass comment and whinge about it, design a better one and send it to me. I'll stick it up and see what the consensus is.

As my work is getting more and more onerous, I have less and less time to spend tinkering with YD. Maybe I'll just switch it off altogether and save myself a small fortune in hosting and bandwith fees  

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Maybe I'll just switch it off altogether and save myself a small fortune in hosting and bandwith fees
That would be a shame as the site has a reputation far and wide as being where reasonable debate happens without flames, please dont banish us to a CyberHole.
I dont think I could stand going back to Hanbagnet full time  

This place is after all where a lot of us arrange 'meets', do you need a poll to prove it?

Matt

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

How does YD make revenue by the way?

I'd hate to see it disappear....maybe we could organise a fund raiser or something...personally I'd be happy to pay some dosh if it was needed to help with bandwith fees etc.

For me, it's the best designed dive forum I've come across and Heads Up et al need a slap on the back for all their efforts, hard work and dedication.

HOORRAHH

Graham

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kinetic @ Sep. 26 2003,16:50)]How does YD make revenue by the way?
We don't as such. We tried selling branded gear this summer (fleeces and polo shirts) as well as tank stickers but it was a little disappointing as many people who expressed an interest didn't buy when the order came through. We've got loads left and I'll do an inventory of whats available (yes, I KNOW I've been promising this for weeks now but I've been busy - honest!).

Oh and don't panic Matt - it was only a comment made in jest!

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Jay,
I'm pleased to see that stuff is still available - I got the impression that all had gone.
Look forward to the stock take.
Richard

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Hi Jay, I think the Union flag looks good. All the work you do is appreciated as I certainly know you put a lot into it. It never ceases to amaze me that whatever changes are made, not just on this site, you will get your whingers. As you said, the Union flag covers all the UK and this is a UK site.  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

It would be much prettier in colour though. Moan, moan, whinge, whinge, just not good enough.

Peter

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

I placed an order for some YD bits ages ago and I havent chassed it up.

But I still want the gear

I think it was two T shirts and a fleece size Large and a couple of stickers

So if you have them let me know how much I owe and I will send a chq

Mark Chase

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

No problem - fleeces are £25, polo shirts are £20 and tank stickers are £1 each. Postage of £4.95 should cover it. The fleeces are a size too big - (if you want a large, then order a medium - go figure?).

Cheques to:

Jason Bolt
4 The Links
Off Haveroid Lane
Crigglestone
Wakefield
WF4 3HD

Regards

Jay

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Jay.
As soon as l get my ar.e into gear l'll order some stuff.

Meanwhile, just for a larf change Peters flag to a George Cross and see if he notices  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kinetic @ Sep. 26 2003,16:50)]...personally I'd be happy to pay some dosh if it was needed to help with bandwith fees etc.

For me, it's the best designed dive forum I've come across and Heads Up et al need a slap on the back for all their efforts, hard work and dedication.
Hey Graham,

I think you're very much in the majority with comments like this mate!

I, and a great many others, would happily dig deep (should the need ever arise) to keep this puppy afloat - and you're right, it means a lot to most users here. Top place, top info, top chat AND you get the added sport of watching Lou, Susan and Jules 'bitch-slapping' me about the gaff on a regular basis! Which other forum brings you such quality entertainment and content?  

Indeed: "We Enjoy YD - in a Rubba-dub diving styleeeee"!  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Sep. 26 2003,19:25)]AND you get the added sport of watching Lou, Susan and Jules 'bitch-slapping' me about the gaff on a regular basis!
hey when did I ever bitch slap you bren???
you know I think you are a complete sweetie!
GRIN
Jules
x

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Jay, any chance you can put some photos of the gear you have up for sale on this or another thread. It may be that folk need a looksee before parting with some cash.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

Phil, you took the words out of my mouth!  Piccies would be good - and I must confess I missed the thread on what was available...  Doh!  

I might even buy something!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts