• Wastwater?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK, I've deliberately left out extremities, like the South Coast and Scotland as, quite frankly, such a jawl for those living at the opposite mark on the compass is taking the piss.

So the logic behind the venue(s) for this next YD-Stock Troop Gig is simple: make it as central UK-mainland (NOT just central England) as possible for all concerned; we do, afterall, have troops coming from Land O'Cakes! ('Nuff risspeck to the Sweaties)

So, vote away YD! Make your pleasure known to the masses (without reverting to the 'Ladies Underwear' thread again!
).

PS: I've left out Hodge Close as not everyone wants to tab through 200 metres of blast-tunnel, doubled-up carrying twins, before hitching down a 15 foot scaffolding ladder in full rig and thence over to the Beach! And those who use singles would have the same tab again to get their next fill/cylinder, whereas the twins-wallahs can leave their kit on the Beach. Fair?

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>It's a shame you can't vote more than once - I do fancy Anglesey most out of the list (and voted that way), but wouldn't be averse to Wastwater (it's not a million miles from the in-laws).

Andy

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

The Redcar contingent enjoyed Anglesey last year and would like some more of the same (shifts permitting).

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

never been to wastwater so i voted for that but also wouldnt object to stony, crapnpay,anglesey..eccy delph was a muddy puddle last time I went and that was just the car park!
jules:D

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I went for the NDC. I've not dived there, but reckon it'd be ok for most people. If the guys that managed it from Scotland can do Stoney, the southern contingent can do NDC, as can most (I do see how the Scots might find it a fair way off) but then we are a global site now, and we're going to be doing gigs like YD-stock fairly often from now on I would think.

If the guys further north that don't want to do this gig want to get another one organised in the time between these, why not? You'd get plenty of divers, most of us can spare a day at inland sites every few weeks, and given enough notice anything's feasible.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

NDC, Stoney or Anglesey

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Anglesey it has to be (where else can you get so many varied dive sites in such a small area?) although the other places would be very do-able.

Of course, all this maybe academic for me as I'll be enjoying the pleasures of the Irish South coast this year.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

I see the Delph's coming a close second......

·
Registered
147 Posts
Imported post

As long as I get wet Im not bothered, but Anglesey does have something for everyone, and last year was a blast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Imported post

WELL ANGLESEY SOUNDS GOOD FOR ME AS WE HAD GREAT TIME LAST YEAR AND WOULD LIKE TO GET ON A FEW MORE OF THE WRECKS AROUND ANGLESEY .. AND AS KEV W SAYS IF SHIFTS PERMIT ID BE THERE

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Anywhere underwater, as I had to miss the first bash.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

if we are doing anglesey Bren , can we get on Elfyn's boat? Then the girls can find the wreck even if the boys cant AGAIN! LOL
Jules
xxx

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>At last!! Since this Stoney thing came and went I've been like a little boy trying to get his mums attention to go to the toilet. I don't really care where it is, JUST GET SOMETING SORTED. If I can be of help, organising something then feel free to deligate. It was a bit of a tab getting down to Stoney, but Josie and I were lucky in that her dad lives in Nottingham. Therefore I choose Stoney again. I might not dive the next time and do the Marshalling bit. If its organised in the summer/Autumn we could stay for the week and this would be more favourable as the travel for a day is quite steep. Anglesey strikes me as being somewhere where everyone would have to rent some sort of accomodation. Stoney was an excelent venue for the first trip. Yes it might be a brine free zone but its weather independant, there is ample parking BBQing space and its quite centrally located.

We should try and get a couple of days diving even if it means people taking a Monday or Friday off. This way we don't hang around like marsh mellows on the morning of the dive as no one knows each other.

Dave C

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Anglsey seems to be getting most votes, so......

What about renting a few caravans?

We may not get them in season or we may just have to book asap?

Guys from Anglsey? Any comments?

James  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Feb. 25 2004,20:55)]if we are doing anglesey Bren , can we get on Elfyn's boat? Then the girls can find the wreck even if the boys cant AGAIN! LOL
Jules
xxx
Any more of that my girl and you'll be going right over my knee! The fact that all we chaps had to do was drop to the bottom of the shot and hang a right is irrelevant!
The fact we ended up in the oceanic morass (by turning left) shall not be discoursed here!!

Fact is we made a James Hunt of it! Guilty as charged.

See you in the Welsh!

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Imported post

Just wondering,

I haven't been to angelsy for a few years so my memories may be wrong but won't it be packed with tourists and holidayers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts