• October?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK, it looks like Anglesey is the preferred choice for YD-Stock 2; two more steps have to happen before we all troop up there and have a blast of a weekend:

1. We need to agree a month for the gig (hence this vote)

2. Once a month has been agreed, we then need a weekend within that month with which the goodly folk of YDville are happy to attend and which doesn't clash with any already organised Troop Gigs - so there will be a further poll shortly to choose said weekend.

Righty then, let's be having you on the month!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

September weekend is the obvious choice. That means those from further afield can do the Monday as well if they so wish..... Apart from that there's Mull+St Abbs in October already.

Just my own ickle thoughts,
Peter

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>I'm up for August, then the good lady wife and two tinies will be able to come too.

Andy

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

Whenever, just so long as I get enough notice to request time off.

Dom

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>My dive calendar is empty for August so far. I'm down to be working the bank holiday weekend but shouldn't have much trouble getting it off (even though it will cost me money!).

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Feb. 26 2004,16:50)]My dive calendar is empty for August so far. I'm down to be working the bank holiday weekend but shouldn't have much trouble getting it off (even though it will cost me money!).
<font color='#810541'>just a thought but the bank holiday weekend is probably going to mean that more of the 'hanky wearers' will be there, meaning an increased demand and hence prices for accomodation would be higher?

Andy

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I quite agree with Aclivity. I am a little biased though as I get flexi bank holidays. If were going to Anglesey where are we diving from Shore or boat? Does this also mean that we have to book a B&B again? The sumer months are going to be bussy with the usual holiday makers, with out 60+ trouping in and installing yourselves in the usual B&Bs. I'm not wishing to put a kiebosh on things, Anglesey was very nice in December, A little shallow, but nice all the same. We could camp though make things a little easier on the pocket and easier to all stay within the area for the evening doo? Perhaps we could put more emphasis on the social side than the diving side (I'll wash my mouth out presently) because we could then organise a huge BBQ Not that last weekends wasn't a fine thing, on some nice remote beach somwhere, with shallow dives off the beach to local wrecks/reefs similar to December again, but a whole lot warmer. Sorry for the long sentances, remember to breath now and again! If any one has a Rhib and fancied bringing it they could ferry/act as safety? with everyone else (non Rhib owners) paying all the costs of the Rhibs fuel, transport to Anglesey etc etc..? More of an incentive for the Rhib owners to come along with them?

My ha'penny worth.

EDIT: Just seen the rest of the YD Stock which location thread, and feel a bit of a numpty. I'm happy to go along with what ever everyone else is doing.

Dave C

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

I'd vote August, although reckon it is probably better to avoid the bank holiday weekend....Imagine if you would a lovely summer evening around the BBQ and on the beach.  Idyllic.  Beach cricket anyone?

Helen

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HelenM @ Feb. 26 2004,17:56)]I'd vote August, although reckon it is probably better to avoid the bank holiday weekend....Imagine if you would a lovely summer evening around the BBQ and on the beach.  Idyllic.  Beach cricket anyone?

Helen
Sounds like a Plan, maybe the w/end b4 the bank holiday & camping with outdooralternative as suggested in the earlier thread by Kate.

Love BBQ & beach cricket, cold beer, hot sun, long dreamy nights, sunrise ...................

·
Registered
233 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I would be happy with either July or August but can't vote as I didn't realise I couldn't look at results first.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Why wait for August, if we're quick, we can sneek in another one, just like sex! Can I say that??

James  

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>if it's in august I can't make the bank holiday w/end

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Well i could bring a Rhib, although not our best one holds 8 if its a close dive, 6 if its a haul.

Camping - get me basha out the attic

Bank hol weekends are big bucks, so i would prefer a normal one. I do have to give a bit of notice.

Dive Safe

Paul

1 - 20 of 22 Posts