YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

YD-Stock 2: Which Weekend? -

• Weekend of Sat/Sun 31st July/01st August?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend of Sat/Sun 07th Aug/08th Aug?

• Weekend of Sat/Sun 14th Aug/15th Aug?

• Weekend of Sat/Sun 21st Aug/22nd Aug?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK, we've seen that the brine and sand of Anglesey has presented itself as the front-runner for the next YD-Stock gig, and that August is the current favourite amongst goodly YD'ers. Good choices, by the way!

So we now need to choose a suitable weekend therein.

NB: I'd raise a note of caution on attempting Anglesey on a Bank Holiday weekend! Apart from the massed-ranks and  cohorts of 'The Knotted-hanky Donners Collective', travel by car on ANY Bank Holiday in the UK is only slighty less enjoyable than taking a cheese-grater and setting to on your Johnson! In short, ANY other weekend than that of the Bank Holiday!! We'd just look like extras in the re-enactment of the battle-sceens from Shaving Private Ryan......

And as Kate R has been selfless enough to proffer info on the 'Outdoor Alternative', might I ask if anyone in these hallowed halls is offering to take up the cudgels and see if we can get a YD group booking squared-away?? Please?!

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

I've voted for the second weekend in August, however the first would be just as good. Is anyone else considering going up early and making a long weekend of it? (Thurs evening to Tues morning?)

Simon A

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>i've voted for the first weekend in august, as i'll definitely still be around anglesey then.

however - i don't want to be included in any official style trip list.... if i'm there and i've got time, i'll dive and meet up with people. if i've left anglesey by then or if i'm working, i won't.

also, i'd like to point out that i won't actually be on YD any more at that point, as i will be sans computer or interweb.  since i'll be around that area i'd be happy to help with anything that needs someone on the spot, but you'd have to contact me by phone (mobile number on my profile) or via woz, mary, tiewrapdiver or digger.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Aye Simon,

The usual script for these run-outs is to arrive the afternoon/tea-time/evening before, get cozied-up with the rest of the YD Troop, there assembled, and have a couple of moderately polite, medium-sweet sherries and some nosebag, and thence away to your digs (camp-fire, more sherry and banter of the highest order) before addressing the diving the next day. The weekend then continues with a mixture of all the above until trip's end.

For this next trip, I'm gonna arrive sometime on the Friday and then dive BOTH Saturday & Sunday, and then foxtrot-oscar sometime on the Sunday evening/night.

G

·
Imported post

any weekend other than the 31st/1st (I'm in the Farnes) is good for me if theres space available

the accomodation website looks good (well done KateR), do most people camp or do we need the B&B ?

wwd

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Well I've gone for the 1st weekend, I become a grown-up with a proper job on the 4th of august so would like a last weekend of fun (plus who knows what my rota will be when I start so I probably won't be able to make it, or certainly not for a long weekend).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>first week end it'l remind me of school holls.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>First of all, I am up for any YD trip/gig before someone takes this the wrong way.

If the plan is to use Roscolyn, bear in mind that the only pub is the White Eagle and it gets packed at anytime especially weekends.  The food is not great if people want to eat there and apart from the Outdoor Alternative for Bunkhouse and campaing there is very little there.  

However where ever it is i will be there.

Fiona

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

No, no, no - NOT the 1st. I can't make the first, and I really want to go to this having failed to make Stoney the other day!

Come on, the 7th is the best date, say it with me "sev-enth", see much nicer ring to it. I vote for the 7th!

Dave.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Can't see why it would make any difference to me. Whatever crappy summer job I end up doing it should be possible to get at least one weekend of my choice off! So on that basis have decided not to vote as will be happy with any weekend in August. Does it matter that there's not much there if just drinking and having a barbecue? Not exactly much in Stoney Stanton. Cheap with shore diving on tap looks good to me:D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>My votes for the w/end prior to the bank holiday. It's probably the only w/end I can do as I'm away end of july early Aug.

gareth

·
Registered
233 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>There will be a problem with the poll if lots of people are voting for the weekend they'd PREFER but could make others whilst it appears that people can't make some weekends. It might be better to ask what weekends people can't do and go with the one with least votes.

Hope that makes sense:)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

Not at all mate, good call!! Let me think about it and how to address next steps coz I'm gonna call a date in teh next two days and then get a YD Troop List up so folks can sign up!!!

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

1st weekend in August is the only weekend I am not working that month.  

So thats my vote.

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>i have to go with marys vote of the first weekend in august.  Hell, a trip without her for me would be like jelly without vodka.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

Ok then, righty!!

Based on your majority vote above, it looks like the 2nd 'YD-Stock' will take place on the first weekend in late July and early August!! Put it in your collective YD diary!!

Next actions-on list is for me to begin a 'Who's Coming To The Next YD-Stock Gig?' list, so watch-out, listen-in and get in amongst it with names put down on the YD Troop Gig List!!!

NO CRY-OFFS!! Let's make this the biggest YD Gig since bread was buttered!!

I thank you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts