YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I've mentioned this before, but what about a YD version of the BSAC REDS concept?  Hit the charts, find some wrecks which may be less dived that usual and try to locate them and dive them?

Of course, we'd need a RIB, charts (I've got a recent one for this area) and we'd have to have a couple of dry get-togethers for planning purposes.

We had a member who joined last year who had/has a RIB, someone in the Crimdon Dene/Peterlee area

Waddya reckon folks?

Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Stevie Boy,

I reckon it's a top idea. We still need to put the YD 'Treasure Hunt' together too!

As some one who has a lot of experience in this field, I suggest we hook-up with La Hayhurst, as he and his team do this once a year in the Channel.

And you're right, there is a good deal of planning goes into it - but can you imagine the joy and feeling as we descend on to a virgin/never dived before wreck?? SANS crow-bars and lump hammers!

Yes, let's do it. When and where are we meeting??

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

given the widspread distibution we've got I would suggest we combine some late afternoon/early evening wreck-hunt planning with a days diving. I'd like to get out diving  next weekend (15th/16th), so perhaps then? If we're gonna hook up with Monseiur Dales then Lake District or Crap & Rainy would seem appropriate. At present I've only got one naval chart (Tynemouth - Farnes region) but I think I could access some others via my old club

Any other interested parties out there?
and if so, got any charts?
Does Andy have a boat or access to one ?
Anyone got a Magnetometer? (aka tow-fish)
so many questions, so little time...

Chee-az
Steve

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

Hi Steve,
I'm up for that, I'll have a word with a mate who is a boat nut re:charts

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Imported post

Hi Guys

probably cannot get to your meetings, but I have all the up-todate charts, if you need a hand from a distance, just shout.

Cheers Ron

·
Registered
52 Posts
Imported post

sounds like a top idea to me, aint got no charts or boat (yet) but if i can help in any other way.....
i diving the 16th but havent decided where so any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

With us, you muppet ;) Venue irrelevant. We'll have one squared away by then. Just be available.

See ya then.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Not really Ron,

Just need to get together to square it away - no mean feat being as we're all all over the place: Steve W in Newcastle, me in Manchester, Andy Hayhurst in Cumbria. Just needs a little application is all.

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Mind if I jump aboard,If shifts allow.Redcar area possibly with buddy and (dare I say) I know a man with a boat but no promises.
Kev

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Im up for it. Aldo know there are people on YD with access to RIBs, maybe we could be nicely.

Worse case cant we hire one. (there are loads here who can skipper them) or hire a hard boat with the toys on board and tell em where to go.

Lets get it sorted, where, when and how??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts