YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
I also use a CO2 one from Kent tooling - why?

(1) If I am in trouble, especially if I am low on gas, I don't want to waste more buy filling an SMB as well.

(2) If I am in trouble, I want a fast and simple method of getting help as my mind may be racing a bit and I want an easy way to send up the blob.

(3) John's can also be filled in the traditional way, so if the cartridge misfires, is duff or whatever, I can still send it up by filling it with my reg.

(4) John's a nice guy and makes good kit :)

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
How much are the KT SMBs? I could do with a yellow one (and perhaps another red backup one)

1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also use a CO2 one from Kent tooling - why?

(1) If I am in trouble, especially if I am low on gas, I don't want to waste more buy filling an SMB as well.

(2) If I am in trouble, I want a fast and simple method of getting help as my mind may be racing a bit and I want an easy way to send up the blob.

(3) John's can also be filled in the traditional way, so if the cartridge misfires, is duff or whatever, I can still send it up by filling it with my reg.

(4) John's a nice guy and makes good kit :)
ill phone john in the morning
cheers guys should have checked first

·
3,241 Posts
How much are the KT SMBs? I could do with a yellow one (and perhaps another red backup one)
I think they were about £35 for the CO2 version - cheaper for the plain versions.

I got a yellow one with no writing and instead of my name, wrote "Help" in big letters.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
I think they were about £35 for the CO2 version - cheaper for the plain versions.

I got a yellow one with no writing and instead of my name, wrote "Help" in big letters.

Ok, cheers Paul. That's the same as is on the price list / catalogue that John sent me previously.

I have a feeling there will be a CO2 yellow one and a standard red one coming my way soon :)

On the yellow ones is there somewhere to connect a slate to to send up a message? (If not I'm sure John can sort something out for me)

·
3,241 Posts
On the yellow ones is there somewhere to connect a slate to to send up a message? (If not I'm sure John can sort something out for me)
A hole punch and a bit of smb line will do the job nicely :teeth:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts