YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Team HPDW - 10/90 for the Boys
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get the above item?
I have a full sized yellow bag that fits in a storage pack on my back plate but it is a faff to get it in an emergency so I'm looking at getting a mini sized auto blob that I can pop in one of my pockets.
Who sells them and what do they cost?
Thanks
Paul

·
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aquatec, I've bought all three of mine directly from them and the customer service is very good.
Just ordered my Aquatec one from Bristol Channel Diving.
Will be delivered to NDAC for me tomorrow so I'm happy.
I never realised you could order them direct from Ben though.
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
I've got an Aquatec for my yellow bag and it has held up to a couple of years of diving really well - no fading, CO2 mechanism still works well, seals properly at the surface, good bit of kit.

Digs.

·
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got an Aquatec for my yellow bag and it has held up to a couple of years of diving really well - no fading, CO2 mechanism still works well, seals properly at the surface, good bit of kit.

Digs.
The only reason I'm buying it is because I used my yellow bag (which is sat in my MC pack on the backplate) in Malta (to lift a porthole :angel::angel:) and it was a real faff to free it. If I'd been at 6m in open water I'm not sure I would have managed it so it occurs to me that having a yellow bag in my pocket is a smart thing to do if I'm putting together a drop bottle strategy.
Gary uses this exact one on his boat and it's very compact

edit: there were 4 of us with 2 stages each on this dive so I could not have run out of gas even though it was a 3 hour dive and there was nobody above with a drop bottle

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I've had the Aquatec one too.... but swapped it for a Kent tooling version... he's got a smashing mini Co2 fired self sealing blob... in dayglow yellow with OUT OF GAS printed down it.... the Kent one is also open ended, so you don't have to fire the Co2... or in the event it doesn't fire you can inflate it in the traditional way... baffled self sealing.... If you need it and the Co2 doen't fire your knackered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts