YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What IS going on with the weather? Is it sunny anywhere in the uk, cos here in Berkshire it's bloody freezing!

Last night I even contemplated putting the heating on, but I just couldn't do it, not in August. And today I'm sitting at home with a FLEECE on. Did someone forget to tell the weather lord that it's AUGUST and supposed to be HOT???? :frown:

If you have sun in your area would you please send it here???? :sun:

Thanks!!! :redface:

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Pissing down here and about 15C

The Jet stream is too far south - that's why the weather is like this. The summer was shot as soon as that happened. Get used to it we are going to get lots more like this.

Chris

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Sun....you can have all mine!

Just dropped below 38 degC for the first time in months. Summer is over (so is the 50 degC days) but it is still a month until it is worth bbqing and camping again.

If it wasn't for all the cold beer I don't know what I would do :)

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
It's blistering down here in Plymouth. I've just met Turbie for lunch, we sat outside overlooking over the marina and got our faces and arms burned. :)

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Uk rain (as shown by the beeb sattelite) runs in a narrow line between Southampton and Wells getting wider as it gets further north. So if you are in Wisbech your strawberries are wet.

You are just very unlucky today Julie.

Chris

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
It's raining in Surrey, and bloody cold.

The tree huggers at work didn't see the funny side this morning when I explained that as I was doing my bit for global warming by driving a 4x4, could they please pull their weight and do the same as it was too bloody cold for August! :embarassed:

Danny

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Well it's lovely here. Except over the sea where it is a force 7. It is hot and sunny. I got burnt today (well, a bit pink).

Poor old PeeBee and Edward turned up at Castletown for a dive. I went to meet them for a coffee and thought "there's no way anyone is going out in this." Sure enough, their dive was cancelled and the car park was deserted. Poor souls. They've gone off to Wraysbury now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.