YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cracking wee dive yesterday at the Blue Pool. Lots of life and lots to see.

Apologies in advance for slightly shakey camera work, but as you will see there was quite a swell!

And.... I did actually forget I was recording when I was 'prepping' my lens... I left that bit in for comedy value...

·
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
1,751 Posts
Nice video in what looks like slightly difficult conditions for video!
Rob

·
miles away from salty waters
87 Posts
Thanks, you made my ache for a salt water dive worse. What was this greenish fabric the third spider crab (2:45) was covered with? Looks like a woolen glove.

·
Registered
143 Posts
OK I give up....where is the Blue Pool? The only one I know is freshwater and as a Marine Zoology graduate I'm fairly sure that yours has a hint of salt dissolved in the water.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I give up....where is the Blue Pool? The only one I know is freshwater and as a Marine Zoology graduate I'm fairly sure that yours has a hint of salt dissolved in the water.
Portrush, Northern Ireland.... and yup, it's salty :)

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Nice vid, thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
brilliant video!

questions:
what setup did you use?
when you jumped in, werent you worried about the camera as it hit the water? (i am always paranoid!)?
prepping the lens? was that you licking the front port? i have never seen that before, will have to remember that :)
what did you use to edit the vid? did it take long?

all in all a very enjoyable 4 minutes, thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
brilliant video!

questions:
what setup did you use?
when you jumped in, werent you worried about the camera as it hit the water? (i am always paranoid!)?
prepping the lens? was that you licking the front port? i have never seen that before, will have to remember that :)
what did you use to edit the vid? did it take long?

all in all a very enjoyable 4 minutes, thanks.
Thanks!

I use a Sanyo Xacti HD 2000 cam with an Epoque Housing and Epoque WA Lens. I never even thought about the camera when jumping, guess I'm not paranoid!! Haha! yeah 'prepping' the lens, I read somewhere that if you get a layer of saliva across the lens, and dip it, you'll get about 20 seconds where the water won't adhere to the glass. Nothing more annoying that water droplets ruining the shot!

For editing I use a programme called Cyberlink Power Director, with practice I can edit a short vid like this in a about 20 mins :)

Glad you enjoyed it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts