YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Mr potty mouth: Sweeping generalist...............
2,382 Posts
:D .......................................... GIGGLE.................................... :D

Oh this is going to be a fun one for Brad to come in and refute as clearly your wrong, you just don't know it yet :D :D :D

·
Se a vida é
2,318 Posts
Having watched the arguments rage back and forth with very little constructive being done by your organisation I can confirm that when and if I buy a rebreather, it won't be one of yours.
with an attitude like that, you'll be on the list of people who they won't sell to

they know everyones real name, you'll be on the hit list I tell you

:D

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Having watched the arguments rage back and forth with very little constructive being done by your organisation I can confirm that when and if I buy a rebreather, it won't be one of yours.
Hate to tell you, but unless you want a thrown together O2 unit with various flaws obvious to even a drunk layperson, you couldn't buy one if you wanted. Well, you could pay for one, but until you receive it I'd suggest you haven't really bought anything...

And what can they, as an organisation, do? They don't have any cards to play. They've been called out so many times it is a joke, and they remain unable to actually do almost all of what they have claimed they will in a sensible timeframe. All they have now is the BS and bluster we've had all along. Except as time goes on it becomes increasingly obvious that it is BS and bluster.

Digs.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
In my opinion I don't think he cares one iota. I don't think we will ever have production units as it seems that any excuse is used not to deliver. It's like he's had the money and now I'll just gob yhem off with pdfs until people accept the inevitable.

·
Mr potty mouth: Sweeping generalist...............
2,382 Posts
Yup,
My money is with Digg's, at first it smelt like a standard long con, then the photos of the 20 odd scrubber cans turned up and lo they started shipping them but no where near what they were meant to be out of the box aka 100% working 0% compromise safety kit. To me that looked like a fire-sale from a failed product not the dawning of a new age.

The question was then and still is now, will there be technology in this decade that allows them to finish the iCCR as my guess is that until they can either move the sampling to the mouth or miniaturise the pitot technology used in anaesthesia they are pushing the proverbial up a hill trying to sort a chain of problems that all come from that one simple fact that is the simplest place to measure arterial CO2 which is what you need to make a bail out call is the arteries, anything further upstream has these compound problems in them.

PS. Don't go there on trying to sample bloods, it's not even worth thinking about..

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder if OSEL will just suddenly go bankrupt, and sell those assets (bought with various government grants IIRC) at a knockdown price to a sister company?

·
Se a vida é
2,318 Posts
there is an existing "insidious" (I do like that word :D) relationship between DL and OS, with the trading company basically owning nothing

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder if OSEL will just suddenly go bankrupt, and sell those assets (bought with various government grants IIRC) at a knockdown price to a sister company?
Shocked at you, so cynical!!!

You'd think money was moveing around various offshore accounts or something!!!!

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
there is an existing "insidious" (I do like that word :D) relationship between DL and OS, with the trading company basically owning nothing
that was done from the out-set, didn't AD actually suggest that exact relationship to Martin Parker.

·
Diving is expensive, live with it!
1,215 Posts
Yup,
My money is with Digg's, at first it smelt like a standard long con, then the photo's of the 20 odd scrubber can's turned up and lo they started shipping them but no where near what they were meant to be out of the box aka 100% working 0% compromise safety kit. To me that looked like a fire-sale from a failed product not the dawning of a new age.

The question was then and still is now, will there be technology in this decade that allows them to finish the iCCR as my guess is that until they can either move the sampling to the mouth or miniaturise the pitot technology used in anaesthesia they are pushing the proverbial up a hill trying to sort a chain of problems that all come from that one simple fact that is the simplest place to measure arterial CO2 which is what you need to make a bail out call is the arteries, anything further upstream has these compound problems in them.

PS. Don't go there on trying to sample bloods, it's not even worth thinking about..
I think you're right. As I've said before, Alex has overreached himself, but his arrogance doesn't allow him to back down and he has to keep plugging on where others would have long given up.

That's one of the attributes of genius, but there is also a fine line between genius and madness....

·
Registered
4,683 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My understanding is this isn't all that uncommon in small companies trading in volatile sectors - makes the risks slightly more tolerable. Could be wrong mind you...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts