YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

The following bulletin was sent out by Symantec ref a new'ish PC virus (just rcv'd mine).

If you have an AV package you are probably OK already (Symantec definitions dated 18th Feb are OK) - but, if you are not sure it might be worthwhile checking with your AV host. At the height of the problems caused by the last worm I was receiving up to 300 emails a day on my work PC. Most irritating were the notifications that I received because my address was being "spoofed" all over the place.

If I ever meet one of these virus writers I just hope he is smaller than me so I am able to give him a severe cuffing. If it is a her then I'm stumped on what to do - suggestions please.

1.  Level 4 Virus Alert! [email protected]

[email protected] is a mass-mailing worm that uses its own SMTP engine to send itself to the email addresses it finds when scanning the hard drives and mapped drives. This worm also searches drives C through Z for folder names containing
"Share" or "Sharing," and then copies itself to those
folders.

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

If it's a girl, she is almost guareteed to be smaller, show no mercy, I bloody well wouldn't

Andrew

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>The message is simple... if you have a computer (which you must either own, or have access to in order to read this forum
) make sure that:

1. you have a decent Anti-virus program running, and
2. you regularly check for updates to the definition files.

I (currently) work for McAfee, and so far THIS WEEK we have put out 5 sets of either updated definitions or emergency updates, all to handle different threats.

Also, if you use any of the web e-mail systems, make sure it is one that includes full anti-virus scanning of all messages(such as Hotmail).

Regards
abucks (opps, should I say "Andrew")

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>beat the crap out of them torch the building they opperate from. and stuff their computer up their arse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts