YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got hooked on diving after last year's BSAC Go-Dive try dives and I finally got my last two Ocean Diver drills performed to an instructor's satisfaction at Ecclestone Delph today; so I can finally call myself a 'qualified' diver - Even if the DO hasn't signed and stamped the page in my Qualification book yet.

Thanks again to the instructors and diving members of Trafford Sub Aqua Club (BSAC 0584) for putting up with my wobblers and incessant questions, etc

Sports Diver Exam next week - can't wait!!!

Paul

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Well done Paul, enjoy a few leisurely dives now before going for Sports Diver!

Reactions: 71077345

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
I got hooked on diving after last year's BSAC Go-Dive try dives and I finally got my last two Ocean Diver drills performed to an instructor's satisfaction at Ecclestone Delph today; so I can finally call myself a 'qualified' diver - Even if the DO hasn't signed and stamped the page in my Qualification book yet.

Thanks again to the instructors and diving members of Trafford Sub Aqua Club (BSAC 0584) for putting up with my wobblers and incessant questions, etc

Sports Diver Exam next week - can't wait!!!

Paul

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:
has anyone told you its time to go see the bank manager...

all that new kit you going to want we make you poor :)

and congrats

David

·
Still wet behind the ears ;)
266 Posts
Well done! I was there just under two years ago and now I'm one qualification dive from getting my Diveleader card. I feel now through sports diver and the dive leader training that at least I can start giving something back to the club by hopefully passing on some of my albeit limited knowledge to new club members and leading them on their new found freedom. It's also important to point out that a 'qualification' is a doorway to new experiences and what you need now, as I felt I got through my club, was new and differing challenges to hone your skills but also to learn new ones e.g. DSMB deployment which wasn't covered in the ocean diver training.

So, my 2p's worth - dive often, with different buddies, under different conditions and at different sites, also try and get some more challenging, without being outside your comfort zone, dives in e.g. fastish driffts, low viz etc. But most important of all, keep that enthusiasm up and keep grinning.:teeth:

Irfon

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chuffed? BL***Y ECSTATIC!!!

Well, did my last drill dives and Assistant Dive Marshall at Capernwray today - I've finished my Sports diver!!!! :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

TBH for a while there I thought I would never make Ocean Diver, let alone Sports. Now all that remains is to get the DO to sign off the qual sheet in my book. get it stamped and wait for the fun dives next year

Here's to diving for fun in 2008!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.