YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi one and all.

Representing North Gloucestershire BSAC 0080, I wish to organise a dive for our club, spring 2003 to the Yorkshire coast.

We have never (in living memory) dived this area of the UK at all and I am convinced that you must have something special to offer?.

Can anyone help me please to identify a 'first visit' weekend diving agenda?.

We have our own RIB and the club mainly enjoys wrecks, reefs and drift diving.

Please call me as a quick chat might be (will be!) more productive than relying on my tpying skills....

awaiting your support, Stuart.
Day 01242 211242 Mobile 07764445835

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Stuart,

Welcome to YD!

The Farne Islands spring immdiately to mind. Seals, wrecks, drifts and some good hard-boat skippers - the lot.

Mind you, I'm from 't'other side o'th'hill (Manchester), so you'll need to await the likes of Andy2Tanx, Davey Willo and other East Coast wallahs to give you a proper read on what's to be had by way of diving up there.

Good luck and look forward to diving with you soon. You might want to have a look in the UK Sites & Planned Trips sections on here, there is info on some of the Yorky dive sites in them.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Farnes? Yorkshire??!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

OK, East Coast.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Ok - we got Flamborough Head, Scarborough etc but alot of the good East Yorkshire sites are off-shore (some quite a bit off shore if you are particularly into wrecks). Andy was talking about a wreck he wants to do out in the oil fields (about 38 miles off-shore) - I'm sure he'll be able to elucidate further.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts