YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

"Yorkshire" Divers - How many real Yorkshire Divers?

• Yorkshire - Born and bred.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yorkshire - Immigrant

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

When I started diving I visited this site a few times thinking that I wasn't supposed to (ie having a Cornish surname and being born in Devon). However I did live in Sheffield for 4 or 5 years so I'd hope that kinda qualifies!

Anyway my question is "Is Yorkshire-Divers.co.uk just for divers from Yorkshire?"

Rob Bez

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Crevis,

The vast minority of divers on this board come from or live in any of the Yorkshires! We're mostly of immigrant stock and array from all corners of the UK and abroad.

YD for ALL! All of One and One for YD!

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well I'm certainly Born and Bred in Yorkshire, West Riding. Dad was (a Miner, then he grew up
) born in Yorkshire, Mum was born in Yorkshire. Lived there until I left home in 94. Moved from 'up north' UP to the South of Scotland,
 Happy to see Humberside taken back into the fold 'East Riding'.

Dave (hock aye the noo) C

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>I visited York for a weekend once...does that count?

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dcrampt @ Mar. 07 2004,22:26)]Well I'm certaily Born and Bren in Yorkshire
Bloody hell, the mind boggles Dave!!!

I am resolutely a foreigner.... Stumbled across YD on the web, assumed it was purely for Yorkshire folk and thought 'oooh, that's good, I wonder if there is one of these for every county'.  Since apparently there is no 'Gloucestershire Divers' I wandered back to this site and have been squatting here since!  

Get a sick sort of kick out of masquerading as a Norvern Monkey anyway...

Helen

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Janos @ Mar. 07 2004,22:09)]Born in Sheffield, raised in Hull, but now live in London and can't get a decent pint anywhere.

Laters,
   Janos
<font color='#0000FF'>thats coz you are in england, no good beer, unless it comes from europe.

Also im scottish, but i was once told a yorkshireman, was just a scot with the goodness taken out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>i have to say more
yorkshire man first
english second
and yes i played professional rugby leauge so all arguments accepted

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imported post

Ayup.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Ahhh

Got married to a Yorkshire lass in Bradford.

Does that count?

And any more days like today she will be going back pronto.

Bye EckeyThump

Paul

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HelenM @ Mar. 07 2004,22:37)]Since apparently there is no 'Gloucestershire Divers' I wandered back to this site and have been squatting here since!  
Well Helen as I'm from Glos maybe we could set-up a sub-section of YD called GD (pronounced Good or God).  Also as half of Bristol is now South Glos then we should also pull in Daz and his crew.

As for myself I been in Yorks for over 7 years now but will be moving away soon.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

In the West Midlands, so completely landlocked

But spent two years bumming around at Bradford Uni

Dom

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

Well, I'm old old time Essex (no Cockney accent - bloody invaders!) but my gf/dive buddy tells me she's from Leeds. I'm not sure if I believe her though as she's always complaining about how cold it is and wears thermals on a summers day. I thought you bred them tough up on the dales?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CrevisKing @ Mar. 07 2004,22:04)]
Anyway my question is "Is Yorkshire-Divers.co.uk just for divers from Yorkshire?"

Rob Bez
Far from it mate, cockney boy born and bred and member of the "Southern Shandy Drinkers" branch. There's a few of us about and we recognise a good deal when we see it so have hooked up with the best.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also im scottish, but i was once told a yorkshireman, was just a scot with the goodness taken out.
No, a scot is a yorkshireman with the generosity removed  

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daveking @ Mar. 07 2004,23:52)]i have to say more
Yep, that'll be the yorkshireman!  

As the saying goes,  Tha can tell a Yorkshireman, but tha canna tell 'em much.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Timing @ Mar. 08 2004,08:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HelenM @ Mar. 07 2004,22:37)]Since apparently there is no 'Gloucestershire Divers' I wandered back to this site and have been squatting here since!  
Well Helen as I'm from Glos maybe we could set-up a sub-section of YD called GD (pronounced Good or God).  Also as half of Bristol is now South Glos then we should also pull in Daz and his crew.

As for myself I been in Yorks for over 7 years now but will be moving away soon.
And I happen to be in that half of Bristol.  It says South Gloucestershire on my address so it must be right  

I think we could do better than GD though.  How about,

The West Area Team Scuba.....  We could pronounce it...

Um on second thoughts

Daz

·
"That's NOT my avatar! It's film of me AFTER I was
528 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>Born in Norwich, family moved to Huddersfield when I was 4, lived there till I went to Hull Uni for 3 years. Then moved to Blackburn for 5 years and now living in Nottingham
Maybe I'll settle at some point

1 - 20 of 54 Posts