YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. About an hour ago I was outside flinging used lime into a plastic bag in my wheelie bin. Just emptied it out and was looking at getting the scrim out of the bottom when THUMP something hit me on the back of the head, bounced off my shoulder and fell onto the floor.

Of course I had a WTF? moment then had a shuftie at what it was. And it was...

a fish

Yes- you read that right. Still alive, about 6" long. Must have been dropped by a passing heron. It was gasping a bit so I walked through the house pausing to shout "you're never going to believe what just happened" to Missus Woz and Mini Woz then popped it into our pond in a net to give it some support while it recovered. 5 mins ago it was still quietly gulping away- will see if it survives the night.

That has to be one of the strangest things that has happened to me.

So- if it survives- I think it needs a name. Suggestions please?

·
The worlds slowest sailor.
2,970 Posts
para "t" fish.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Flying tonight?

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well I hope you aren't going to carp on about it.

There'll be roe upon roe of comments now.

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
Or Mrs Woz and Mini Woz winding you up by throwing fish at you from an upstairs window:teeth:

Dave

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
If it is a carp (most likely option) then surely they are quite expensive and the owners might want it back.

Stick an advert in the Nottingham Evening Post in the lost and found column - that should raise a few eyebrows.

Or you could ask for a ransom/reward ;)

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hi.

On about tall TRUE fish story's.
One day going on for 50 years ago when I was about 12 my mate and myself decided to spend a Sunday on a hike to his grandmothers about 12 miles away.

This involved walking past Heath Common on our way to Hemsworth, at the side of the road was an old 10 bob note.
It must have been about bonfire night time as we spent half of the money on 321 bangers, on the way we had to pass Nostel Priory a local stately home with a big lake. The lake is divided in two by the main Doncaster road going over it with a bridge.

Being typical bash st type of kids we had been throwing bangers as we went along, so it seemed only proper to throw a banger or two into the lake off the bridge. There happened to be a Swan Vesta's empty matchbox at the side of the road so I popped a banger into the box lit it and waited while it started fizzing then threw it into the water, the box landed and started propelling itself with the fizz along the top of the water. There was such a swirl of water as a monster pike grabbed the matchbox with the banger inside and took it underwater followed a couple of seconds later by the banger exploding, the pike leap't out of the water and disappeared in an instant.

Pike they will eat owt!....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts