YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just to get the ball rolling.

you take the stairs rather than the escalator so you can do a safety stop 5 stairs from the top.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

You prefer a bath to a shower
you like a woman dresser in rubber - sorry wrong forum!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>You can discuss donating your long hose without all your mates sniggering.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>You volunteer to clean your brother's koi pond - any excuse to get wet!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ June 26 2003,17:25)]You volunteer to clean your brother's koi pond - any excuse to get wet!
<font color='#000080'>But insist on taking a goody bag with you !

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Plus a DSMB, reel, spare torch and redundant air source  - just in case!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Imported post

you're in favour of global warming - the flooding means more dive sites!

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

When 'going down on some old boiler' means getting a rubber suit on, and investigating the water heating devices used by steam ships as part of their propulsion system

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>you start grinning uncontrollably in the middle of a budgets meeting at work just because you started thinking about the dives this weekend and next........happened to me again today!
jules

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

You get on your first charter of the year in early April when you know the viz in the Channel will be nil. it will be dark and cold.

Has been for the last 5 years BUT try again just in case.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>When talking to non-divers they ask you: "What's the visability like on the Clyde."

You respond: "About three metres ... but it's a GOOD three metres."

Also - when you spend longer on preparing your kit and gas than your bottom time ... and you don't mind.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>When you spend 30K on excavating a wreck site
and only recover 10K’s worth of treasure and still come up smiling.

Look on the bright side, could have found nothing.
[Re:- Hanover Cove]

Cheers
Bob

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

...you find youself spending your lunch breaks (ahem!) reading threads about airline baggage allowances and how to melt down lead in your kitchen, and yet you're always going back for more!  

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>When every time you see a cruse liner, big cargo ship or car ferry you think Ohhhh Id like to dive that one if she sinks  

Mark Chase

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I do something similar Mark. Every time I'm on a boat I look about and get a diveplan sorted in my head. Noting the wherabouts of the bell and portholes.

Peter

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>When you risk weil's disease in the Trent for all of 4m depth and zero viz. (that you already knew about!!!)

And when you consider spending £2000 on getting a rebreather, and you still drive a Rover Metro. A J reg Rover Metro. That rattles. And squeaks. And corners like a tank.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ June 27 2003,17:05)]And when you consider spending £2000 on getting a rebreather, and you still drive a Rover Metro. A J reg Rover Metro. That rattles. And squeaks. And corners like a tank.
that's why you drive a rover metro!

of course when you spend your last £2.50 on a pool session instead of much needed super noodles then you're in trouble.  no i haven't done that.  yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts