YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I can't have my company website up and running until lazy people that think christmas is a excuse for a 2 week holiday are back in at work, so i have put this together from parts of the main site .

We be grateful if any comments could be passed on to me ,,, ref , colour & contents.

TEMP  Webpage

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Imported post

Andy

I'd say it says what it needs to. Easy to find your way around etc. The diary pages weren't working (still being built?), so will people be able to book online.

Have you seen the Dive Eclipse site? There's v useful (brief) info on the dive sites, vis reports etc - which you might find handy to have....

HTH
G

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

oy..... the black background is mine  

Seriousley - I get critisised all the time for the black background on my site Eclipse mind you the boats called Eclipse so I have a good reason for a black theme. (the boats black too)

Couple of people lurking around on YD including the guy who developed the online booking might chip in later. the number of rows I have had with them about keeping it
 Seems anyone involved in web design just hates Black

Ps I could do you a goon deal on a online booking system  

If you need any help with anythig - just ask

Regards

David

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Andy

Its looking promising. Hope you add a photo gallery once you're up  and running.

Good luck for a successful 2004.

Ian

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Cheers dave ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and you nicked my loyality points scheme

Andy

I like BLACK boats , more stealthy

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Andy

You may want to add an email form page, rather than publishing your email address. You wont want all the spam that may result. You don't want to have to be sorting the wheat from chaff.

Adrian

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Black b'ground is a bad idea ... particularly red on black text.

Frames are 'orrible, also use the same font for everything it's easier to read.

More pix please

and finally ... despite whatever you might think a pic of your goodself is bloody handy and very welcoming.

Anything else ... my web consultancy is available at very reasonable rates ... NO BULL  

See the following for examples

http://www.theherald.co.uk
http://www.scotsman.com
http://news.bbc.co.uk

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Also, loose the fancy javascript scroller and gewt some real webspace and not Geocities. Easily are a reasonable provider - cheap as they only have regular charges with bandwidth. Oh, and I echo the black background comments. Sorry, but thought you'd want honest feedback.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Not much else to say different from the others. Except to say how much are you paying the lot that currently building your site? Why don't you give my dad an email and ask him how much he would charge. His site is:

http://www.menorca-net.co.uk

I loved this bit by the way:

There is a large wheelhouse in which to hide from the elements and a toilet.

Why would we want to hide from the toilet? Does it smell?
 Just kidding,

Dave C

·
Registered
947 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We be grateful if any comments could be passed on to me ,,, ref , colour & contents.
Andy,

I think that due to the limited nature of the content that is required on a dive charter boat's website I think you would be better off using a swish/flash site template which looks the goods and add your own text and images to it.

Take a look here at some examples of what I'm talking about - templates...

Regards,

Mark

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Hey Andy...

you are mixing serif and sans serif fonts, try to put "home"  "company" "price list" etc in the same font as the rest, just like *LINKS*...arial is usually good and most computers will interpret it as such.

Looks good to me other than that :))

moray

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Dec. 30 2003,19:34)]Cheers dave ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and you nicked my loyality points scheme
err..    Who nicked whos?

You didnt even own a boat when mine started

Cheers

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Dec. 30 2003,19:34)]I like BLACK boats , more stealthy
Cherborg in under 2 hours with no radar profile once the radar reflector has been removed

Customs and Excise came for a visit when the boat was being built! they thought it was a drug boat - and failed to have a sence of humor when I laughed and said it was for bringing in immigrants

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Andy,

I create sites as part of my job and for private customers and from experience black doesn't really look good on a site. White is much better. Keep it clean and simple. I presume that you are using frames, I would suggest tables as they're much easier to administer than frames. Also remember that navigation is the most important thing on the site.

If you take a look at the company and personal sites that I've done you might get an idea of what I mean and could get some ideas from them?

Company Website
MW-Solutions
Wedding Site
Essex Diver (in process of being built)

If you would like any further advice or have any questions please don't hesitate.

All the best,

Ian

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Gee...looking at the essex divers website makes me drool...I wish you would do my website *sighs longingly*
moray

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi
Andy
Green reef did our website  www.seadart.net
Their logo-contact is on most of our pages.
Did it on the cheap, they also host the site.
I did a crash course in dream weaver and do all the updates etc.
Nothing special but does the job

Cheers
Bob

1 - 20 of 31 Posts