YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Ok so you see a diving competition, what prize would make you enter? No silly suggestions please, just a bit of feedback on what you think a decent prize would be?  Thanks all.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I'd enter anything, could always sell it in the unlikely event of winning. But holidays would tempt me most for myself.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Always bearing in mind that some reg sets can cost the same as a trip to the Red Sea nowadays! Or a dive weekend off a UK hard boat!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Imported post

If we are talking about buying tickets then the prize would have to be a holiday or lots of money to spend at my LDS. If it was an internet competition and free to enter then any prize is better than nothing.

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Imported post

Would have to be a YBOD for me

·
Registered
123 Posts
Imported post

I won a Tusa mask in a raffle last week. I have never won a raffle before in my life, the fact that the mask dosen't fit makes no difference!!!!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Hypnotherapy, for the wife!
So when I said I'm going diving all this weekend and next and the following one she'd say
'Yes dear, and what time will you be home so I can clean your kit, make your tea and have sex with you'
Probably not going to happen, but I live in hope.

Matt

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

An all expenses trip to the great barrier reef for a month...with at least 2 weeks of this on a top class liveaboard diving the sites that are out of the reach of the day boats...

As I doubt that I will have saved up enough money to travel there before it disappears forever!!!

Scubachick

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I enter any competiton I see, most of them are free so why not. Only ever won one thing, a £90 Citizen dive watch in March, not bad for 2 one-pound raffle tickets though

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

A Reg set would be ideal for me at the moment. Mine are "Donald Ducked" and I can't afford a replacement. Been borrowing Dees for 2 months now!

Peter

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AirAssisted @ April 18 2004,23:14)]I kind of get the feeling that a reg set wouldnt cut the mustard!
If you talking about a sensably priced prize then I would sugest the type of thing most divers dont have. My first choice would be a decent umbilical torch. £340 list for the 10W HID from Halcyon is a good start.

Probably 75% of the divers I see on boats have rubbish tourches or good tourches that are hand held. A good umbilical torch is much better and would make a realy positive diferance to the winners diving experiance.

My 2p

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Oh, that's easy BIG HUG from Mark Chase  

Alternatively second price, livaboard holiday

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

A 10-day liveaboard trip to Cocos Island or the northern part of Galapagos, including return flight from Europe, transfer, a night or two in a hotel each end etc etc. You should be able to arrange it for under £4000.  

1 - 20 of 27 Posts