YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Has anyone one been on a diving holiday just to dive this? if so, is it worth a weeks' diving?

Also, what kind of profiles were you doing on it?

tia.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Gaz,

there is certainly enough to keep you going for a week but I just did a 2 dive day on her, an awesome wreck, as for profiles mine were 33m each dive [42m to sea bed wreck starts at 16m] and no madatory deco, nor would they let us enter the cargo area as the artics are becoming unstable but we did enter the wheelhouse and canteen.

HTH.

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I've done a fair few dives on this little beauty, and I reckon you could easily occupy half a week diving twice a day, I don't know about a whole week of doing it. You've got to be pretty on the ball to do the serious penetration (talk to octopus about that one), and the outside is so intact you'll find it's dead interesting and all, but you'll have seen the whole outside in 5 or 6 dives. Especially if you ive twins, or use a scooter. It's a really good scootering dive, as you can just start at the bottoma dn keep doing laps of her, and the viz is so good you can see most of what's going on as you go past. It's also a great course for racing, with overhanging sections on the top of the ship and short cuts around the props. Not that racing DPVs is really what you're there for.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

Dunno digger,
Sounds like blasting around on one of those scooters would be a blast..
The faster the better...:p
Hmm matter of fact being a lazy bugger who will be unfit by the time winter ends.
Could be a good way to start diving with one of those toys..
Now who hires them over here..
Safe Diving All
Steve

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

I spent a week diving the "Z" in 2001 and another week in 2002.  Five days diving, two dives a day.  We dived nothing else all week (except for a little upside-down wreck called HMS Cricket - don't waste your time on this).  So, I've done about twenty dives on the "Z" and still haven't seen it all.

Profiles tend to be a tad over 30m, so ideal for 32%.  The sea bed is supposed to be 42m but we never went near that.

I suppose if you are not into penetration, you might get  bit bored with it.  We explored the bowels of the lower car deck, using cave diving techniques.  Some of my buddies got in the engine room but I didn't.

We went with Octopus - would thoroughly recommend them. Oh, and we stayed at the Daniandry - recommend that too.

You will have a lot of fun!

Bob

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gunna Do @ Aug. 11 2003,00:56)]Could be a good way to start diving with one of those toys..
Now who hires them over here..
I hate to say it again, but Go Dive rent them for £30 a day. No tickets or anything, just go and pay over the odds. They're the Appolo ones, similar to the Mako.

Maybe this helps.

Digs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts