YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in Missus Woz's Zest magazine (health diet fitness, look, feel 100% confident) which is usually full of articles about hypnotherapy, lip gloss and sex avince, it had a brief article about a study done in Norway and Croatia about vitamins C and E reducing the chances of bends.

Anyone else heard of this?

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,096 Posts
Am i right in thinking then that eating fruit can reduce the chances of DCI?

Hmmm not as good as a good bacon sarnie or fry up for this though ;)

Woz - You do agree don't you?

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,235 Posts
I know that there is a line of thought on Anti-Oxidants and O2 toxicity - CNS and pullmonary i.e. anti-oxidants help prevent it, but haven't heard anything on them and DCI

·
Registered
41 Posts
"Anesthetized Sprague-Dawley rats were immersed in a customized designed temperature-controlled box
filled with water inside a hyperbaric chamber. The animals were exposed to a diving profile on air for a bottom
time of 60 minutes followed by 3ATA/min decompression."

So they were pressurised in a box filled with water?! All I want to know is, firstly which manufacturer of regs managed to produce a second stage small enough, and secondly, how they managed to figure out all the paw signals.

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,975 Posts
Its well known that bacon sarnies prevent DCI. Well, have you ever seen a pig with the bends????? :) :) :) :)
Only The Pink Floyd pig, and that was the post Roger Waters one :eek:mg:

As for antioxidants, free radicals and fruit, I think you'll find Apricots are the thing. And pretty much anything orange :D My favourite colour

i'd sort out your bog mags if i were you.
My bathroom is stocked with diving magazines and catalogues :angel:

I must say, I do find it strange when I use someone's bathroom and it is totally devoid of reading material. I'm sure that signifies a far too orderly mind, eh DanE ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.